Home » » Serena passes first round test in Brisbane

Serena passes first round test in Brisbane

Written By JAK on Thursday, January 2, 2014 | 9:30 AM



Serena Williams wins her first competitive match of the season 6-4, 6-4 against Andrea Petkovic of Germany.


Serena Williams is some way off her best form but she has still able to shut out Andrea Petkovic at the Brisbane International.

Top-ranked Williams was understandably below her best after the offseason but fought hard to overcome Petkovic, who has a career-high ranking of No. 9.

Williams now progresses into the quarterfinals and will not be celebrating New year's Eve as she prepares for the Australian Open.

"I don't celebrate New Year's Eve, so usually I'm in bed at midnight," Williams told the WTA.

"I'm a very serious player. I never leave my room during a tournament, so I'm not going out."
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. New EAC Blog - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger